VPN Kill Switch is a special VPN feature that automatically disconnects your device from the internet until the VPN connection is restored. It is a crucial feature that helps you remain private and secure.
Kill Switches are some sort of foolproof remedy for the repercussions of a VPN suddenly disconnecting from its remote server. This can happen due to lousy connection, firewall conflicts, and server issues. In the end, losing connection to the VPN server has the same implication as not having a VPN app installed in the first place. The dangerous part is that you might not even notice your VPN connection is down. But that's when your current IP address can become apparent, and your privacy will be compromised. Hackers might be able to get to your data. Kill Switch ensures the VPN protects you, even when your connection is down.
How to activate Kill Switch on mobile
- Open ClearVPN 2 on your iPhone or Android.
- Hit the gear icon in the upper right corner of the app to open app settings. Find the Kill Switch option and, on iPhone, turn it on. On Android, tap Kill Switch and follow the instructions.
How to activate Kill Switch on desktop
1. Open ClearVPN on your Mac or Windows.
2. Open settings by clicking the gear icon in the bottom left corner of the app.
3. Click System settings.
4. Turn on Kill Switch. You're good to go!
Activating Kill Switch will help you in case your VPN connection quits unexpectedly. With the feature on, your internet will shut down to secure you from unprotected traffic & IP leaks.