VPN Kill Switch is a special VPN feature that automatically disconnects your device from the internet until the VPN connection is restored. It is a crucial feature that helps you remain private and secure.
Kill Switches are some sort of foolproof remedy for the repercussions of a VPN suddenly disconnecting from its remote server. This can happen due to a number of factors: bad connection, firewall conflicts, server issues. In the end, losing connection to the VPN server has the same implication as not having a VPN app installed in the first place. The dangerous part is that you might not even notice that your VPN connection is down. But that's when your real IP address can become apparent and your privacy will be compromised. Hackers might be able to get to your data. Kill Switch ensures that the VPN protects you, even when your connection is down.
How to activate Kill Switch in your Android app
- Swipe right in the ClearVPN Android app to access your user profile and tap the Kill Switch button.
- Go to your system settings by tapping the button below.
- Find ClearVPN in the list of apps and open its settings.
- Turn on both ‘Always-on VPN’ and ‘Block connections without VPN.
If any of the options are missing, your device doesn’t support the feature.
How to activate Kill Switch in your iPhone app
1. Open ClearVPN and swipe right to go to the Account section
2. Scroll down to find the Kill Switch button toggle and turn it on. Done!
How to activate Kill Switch in your macOS app
1. Open ClearVPN.
2. Click the profile icon in the upper left corner of the app.
3. Scroll down and find the Kill Switch setting below. Turn it on.
How to activate Kill Switch in your Windows app
Open your ClearVPN Windows app. Click Settings in the upper menu. Find the Kill Switch button toggle below and turn it on. Done!
Activating Kill Switch will help you in case your VPN connection quits unexpectedly. With the feature on, your internet will shut down to secure you from unprotected traffic & IP leaks.